This was a goooood week! Rick the plumber re-arranged the new pressure pump off the basement floor and figured out the route for the upstairs W/C. Steven and Rob put up drywall, repaired the old plank floor in the hall and patched up the holes left by Ken the electrician. And then "Jr" Samson came to fill in the gaps with mud and ample amounts of Durabond. He claims there are only two cracks he can't fix...the one in a broken heart and the crack of dawn!
Jim and I? we try to move around and live in the house amongst the chaos and dust!
Measure once...
...measure twice...
...meet to consult...
...agree to cut!
"Jr" sets up his scaffolding, one ladder then two...
...and a plank 'tween them will do!
Jim helps...but ooooh....what's on my finger?!
Now for everyone out in blogger land, there was great push back when I said that one of the conditions for the big move to NB was to get 50 (or more) acres...no one could understand the need for so much land - too much work!?
Well, the day the last poplar tree was felled, across the road the clearing began...for a new house!
Note the Austrian pine and ash on our property...may not grow fast enough!
from the side doorway...
but I guess it's still quieter than TO!
At any rate, it looks like it's almost time to start picking out some light fixtures! paint colours! could furniture be far behind!?....I have caught Jerome leafing through magazines...so who knows?!

No comments:
Post a Comment