...interestingly this summer has not been as hectic as last and yet I have been busier! The summer that wasn't is almost over and sadly so is the vegetable garden. Although it was planted twice the only crop that flourished was the potatoes. I've started digging them as small new/skinless ones are my favourite and the more experienced gardeners are predicting they will rot in large numbers due to the record breaking rainfall of July. This of course has resulted in weekly mowing of lawn - 4 hours for me 2 hours for Bill. NB slugs are of biblical plague proportions and every damp day I hunt them down with a bottle of ammonia mixture. The perennials, shrubs and trees that were installed last year seem to have established themselves well and next year I hope to really seen the landscape plan come together.
The only renos now are the barn - the downstairs was insulated and the walls closed in with plywood and heavy duty shelves at the end wall plus a workbench for my various pastimes has cleaned it up and organized the area...however that only lasted about two weeks, because the upstairs was started and everything from that floor moved down -chaos again!
The upper room was to be a "man-cave", but it's looking so good with a patio door (can a deck be next? groan from banker!) at one end, planned skylights, insulated, drywalled and a future brick & beam fireplace I do believe it is to become a "woman-cave"!
We've had guests, and birthdays and bar-b-ques and parties...and pictures are best for updates!

No comments:
Post a Comment