
Dan(ie), in front of the rescue truck
There were only 6 of us on site (I suspect that a late call on a Friday or Saturday night catches most with a mitt full!) and water rushing in to a memorabilia stuffed basement. So in the pouring rain, and high winds, we started pumping water out via fire hoses and digging trenches in 4 feet of snow in an attempt to re-route it. Needless to say a back hoe was summoned and we left around 2:30 a.m. Last we heard it was maintaining the status quo...we also heard this is a bi-annual occurrence for this particular address. Why fix a drain when the fire department is free?

Jim, groping in the dark truck to find me?

Thank goodness for those reflective stripes!
We have had and are continuing to get rain, fog and warmer temperatures...so the snow is melting...but oh so slowly, in particular the massive mounds left by the plow and backhoe...I think they'll be here till August!

my signs of spring are still inside the house

spring-like salad..
Today was the community breakfast, with an Easter theme. There was a bonnet contest, and since I love hats and glue gun art, I had great fun creating an Easter extravaganza for my head!
And I won first prize!...Then there was a "guess the number of jellybeans in a jar" contest...and I won that too! Thought it might be a good day to buy a lottery ticket!

doorways are a problem...

1 comment:
Jim looks quite deranged in that photo...are you sure he is up to this sort of challenge in his senior years...?
Congrats on the wins. How could you not win with that magnificent millinary creation?
Post a Comment