We had a day of fresh snowfall...and Bijou finds howling or even moving around much is a waste of energy! She prefers to stare at the door, willing it to open, regardless of the coat of snow!

This moon is bright enough to read by when there is no cloud cover.
I tried taking pics both at 8:00 p.m. and then again at 5:30 a.m. But even setting the camera on a solid (tho ice covered) surface, they are a tich blurry...and Bijou insisted on standing in front of the one pic!

8:00pm from the back yard

5:30 am from the front yard (the camera is tilted...not the house!)
This special moon was at its peak the night of our "evening in Paris" dinner party for friends. Unfortunately I got tied up in hte kitchen and didn't grab the camera, other than one of the table setting!


The dinner was one of the first put out from the new kitchen...and if I do say so myself, turned out well.
So all I have is the menu!
To start...
Marinated and grilled Tiger Shrimp on skewers with red horseradish sauce
Pistachio Pate on brioche with red onion jam
The main...
Chicken Cordon Bleu & Hollandaise sauce
Dry roasted corn, maple glazed baby carrots, and snow peas
Oven roasted red potatoes with Rosemary
To finish...
Chocolate pots-of-cream with Raspberry coulis and creme fraiche
Almond Tiles
We're very happy with the final look of the dining room and living room

...and the drapes have added some additional warmth to the rooms with an insulated liner.
Thanks to my sister, Ann for the art deco dining room light! Perfect for the house and decor!

...Now, for a rug or two ...I'm awaiting Jerome's input as to where to put some pictures and lighting!

No comments:
Post a Comment